At Legacy Home Care, we select only the best caregivers who are compassionate, reliable, and trustworthy. We look for caregivers who have that extra quality of genuine caring-an inherent love for people. Our highest priority is the selection of caregivers whose competency and kindness will earn your trust. Our selection process pays off.
Legacy Home Care is collaborating with Prophecy Healthcare to develop a Home Health - CNA competency assessment. The vision is to create a comprehensive job knowledge assessment for this unique specialty in the Home Health Care industry and to ensure that the referred CNAs have the latest skills and knowledge, as well as the critical thinking capabilities required of their positions.
- Requirements - Legacy Home Care ensures that each candidate meets strict requirements and passes a thorough background check:
- Two years hands-on experience within the last three years
- Active Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) license
- Complete work history of the last five years
- Proof of eligibility to work in the United States
- Social Security Card
- Current TB Clearance
- Hepatitis B Screening
- Drug Screening
- Active CPR certification
- Criminal Background Check
- Check on credit history
- Check Board of Nursing for disciplinary actions
- Picture ID
- Practical Exam - Each candidate must pass a comprehensive exam consisting of their clinical comprehension, and how they respond to certain specific situations.
- Interview - Every successful caregiver will undergo a face-to-face interview. Many questions are asked, however, the true question we must always answer is "Is this caregiver somebody I would want taking care of my mother?"
- Reference Checking - Contact is made with every employer within the past three years.
- Orientation - Every caregiver attends a thorough orientation to better understand how Legacy Home Care operates, and the company's commitment to serve, help, and enhance the quality of life and well being of others.
RSA License R2519.
Legacy Home Care is licensed as a residential service agency by the Maryland Department of Health and Mental Hygiene, Office of Health Care Quality.